Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Twas a Bidding War

I've never really used Ebay before. A few years ago I bought a phone that I ended up not being able to use. I bought it at the "Buy It Now" price. That is the extent of my Ebaying.

I've really wanted a Garmin Forerunner 305 for a while. Back a couple of months ago when I was ready to start running I looked into it. I did not want to spend tons of money on it so I've been longing after one for months.

This week I decided to take the whole Ebay thing seriously. I recruited P to do it all on my account because I'm not good with that kind of stuff. On Monday we found one that was crazy cheap and set out to bid. Every time we bid, we were outbid immediately and I was sad. After a fierce bidding war of $1 at a time, we were FINALLY in the lead! And then in the last 5 seconds as we were trying to get in our very last bid... We LOST it! I was really disappointed.

I kept looking and on Tuesday I found another one in the right price range. I decided to handle this one on my own. I put in a bid and was shortly outbid. I then decided to wait until the end, like P said I should, and ended up in a much less stressful and low-key bidding war.

It came down to the final seconds and then it was MINE! I only ended up paying what my limit was for the one we lost out on. So I got it for about $70-$100 less than what I could find online and $60 less than Garmin's suggested price . I am so happy with that! I can't wait to get it in the mail and put that baby to use.

1 comment: