Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My name is Vanessa and I am an energy drink-aholic.

Step 1. Admit you have a problem. Ok friends, it's time that I admit this to the world: I have an energy drink problem. It's gone from one 20 oz Red Bull a day to, well, a whole whole lot more than that. Much more than I would like to admit. Ok, maybe that's part of admitting I have a problem: Admitting just how bad it is. Today and yesterday both I drank 4 (FOUR in case you think you're the crazy one and not me) 12 oz cans of Rock Star Zero Carb. What does that equal, all you mathletes out there? 48 oz of heart attack goodness. IN ONE DAY.

Energy drinks and I have a long, shameful history. It started with Jolt Cola when I was just a wee little elementary school kid. I would drink one liter bottles of it and go crazy. Then, it moved on to Surge. (Does anyone else out there remember that?) Then somewhere down the road came Rock Star and Red Bull. There has not been much separation since them. I go through phases where I drink a lot and some where it's just a few times a week. No matter which phase I am in though, I still drink way too much.


I do not even know why I drink it. I don't feel like it gives me any type of the energy that it promises. I think it's more just the habit of drinking rather than the actual effect.

Last year, along with giving up soda, I gave up energy drinks for about three months. And it wasn't that bad. But the second I decided to drink one, I was hooked all over again. I also gave them up in 2010 as well, but the same thing happened then.

Now, I do know just how bad for me they are. Please no lectures today. When I'm about to have an "I'm a addict and I need one and need one NOW" break down, then PLEASE LECTURE ME! I just love them and I can't help myself. I know that this is something that I need to work on. I've decided that as of tomorrow I am going to give them up. And this time, I think it needs to be for good!

Wish me luck or at least wish me sanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment