Sunday, February 17, 2013

Timeline

I've been thinking a lot about my weight loss (or lack there of is a more realistic way of looking at it). I have been having the hardest time staying on track. The big number seems so daunting. I have about 115 pounds to lose. That's huge (twss). It just doesn't seem possible when I think of the big number.
 
I recently came upon this post from Miss Meagan SueAnn. She posted a weight loss timeline. I thought it seemed really interesting. It breaks up your goals into months/pounds. I decided to try to make one of my own. My weigh in day is Wednesday, so I counted out four weeks. I calculated a weight loss of 2 pounds per week/8 pounds per month.
 
I wanted to have something nice that I could hang up and see, so I rewrote this thing a shit ton of times until I had it perfect.
 
Weight loss Timeline

 
Looking at this really puts this journey into perspective. It was really eye opening to see just how possible it is to lose this weight in just a little over a year. I like that it breaks it down into small goals rather than just looking at the end goal. I put some other milestones on there that I want to recognize: 5%, 10%, halfway to goal, ONEderland, the weight I was when I met P, 25%, etc. I hung this in my bedroom where I will see it every single day when I am getting dressed.
 
I also helped my Mini (my employee) make one. She is on almost the exact time line as me. Mine is just a month ahead of hers. I think it will be good for both of us to have this and be able to break it down into small goals. We spend so much time together and really try to encourage each other.
 
I'm hoping that this will help keep me on track and give me more reason to keep going.
 
Here's to getting there!

1 comment: