Wednesday, January 23, 2013

5KYourWay: Day Two

It's been a long day. My aunt passed away on January 18 and her services were today and yesterday. I've been at my grandma's quite a bit since my aunt's passing. We have one more thing to get through tomorrow (a burning) and things should get back to normal. Although I don't think things will ever be normal without her beautiful smile and warm hugs.

I didn't really sleep at all last night. I actually ended up leaving P and going to the guest room because I was just that restless. It didn't help much. So I came home and took a nap. I was supposed to do day two of the 5KYourWay plan and I thought that my nap would stop me from completing day two.

But it didn't. I got on the treadmill and busted it out. It's only the second day and it's already getting easier. And in the process I found out that my treadmill is more functional than I thought. There are speeds (1-10) and then there are also plus/minus buttons. In all the months that I've had the treadmill, I always thought you could only go up by a full speed. Come to find out, if you push the plus/minus it brings you up by .10 rather than 1.0.

I'm proud of myself for completing this at 10pm. Normally I would just say screw it. Small changes.


Not the best, but it's a start. 1.55 miles in 30 minutes.

When I got done with the walk/jog I did some squats, then just a little arm work with some 5 pound weights. I'm not really sure what to do but I did what I could think of. I also made a point to stand in squat position. I'm still burning up because the treadmill is in my bedroom where it's warm!

Red face, beastly sports bra. (Enelle)


I'm thinking about starting the 30 Day Shred as my cross training days. But I feel like I may not be able to walk when I'm done.

That's all for today folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment