Monday, November 26, 2012

Mental Struggles

I've been back at Weight Watchers for about 8 weeks now. My sister and I joined together. But let me tell you, I have no drive to stay on plan. I don't really know what the deal is at all. Normally the first 6-8 weeks would be easy... Then I would start struggling. But not this time.

We got a stand up freezer so that I could start cooking and freezing, but I don't eat the freezer meals. I have no clue why. All I want to do is eat junk and fast food. I guess this is where the reality that losing weight is a mental struggle comes in. I know that I am just sabotaging myself. I know what I should be doing and I choose not to.

I even have one of my employees on plan with me now. She's done amazing and her will power is astonishing. I can't believe how strong she's been. I need to start taking cues from her.

I filled out my weekly handout from the last meeting I attended with all of my goals. I made the full list of 20. I need to start looking at that every day and remembering why this is worth it.

I want to start making a workout calendar too. I can't seem to get my butt up to do anything. I know that would help me stay on track and feel a whole lot better. But the motivation is not there. I have a whiteboard on my closet that I used to use for just this purpose. I want to make it into a calendar and start planning a whole month's worth of workouts starting in December. Then hopefully I can stick with it.

Question: What helped you get through the mental blocks of losing weight?

No comments:

Post a Comment